Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Why I Love Lists, And What I've Learned

So over the weekend I decided to try to tackle an extremely large amount of work in preparation for the new school year (starting today)!  I got a babysitter, enlisted the help of a young friend, and busted some behind for 2 days straight.  The results?  Better than if I would not have made myself accountable to all of you lovelies..though I still am not done completely.  I learned that even though I can make my plans and have hopes as high as the skies, sometimes things just won't work out the way I'd like.  And that's OK.  I ran into this awesome quote over the weekend that I just had to repost:

Only God gets his to-do list done each day.  We are not God.  We are finite creatures with serious limitations.  -CJ Mahaney


Right now my room is so messy that I can't find my camera cable to upload any pictures for you all.  The good news is that cleaning my room wasn't on "the list".  That will come soon enough though.  In fact, if everything works out according to plan, I'll be caught up with the list and my room by the end of the day.  What was so nice about sticking to crossing off each listed item was that I could keep my focus on those items only, rather than look around and become overwhelmed and/ or sidetracked with the endless amount of other things that could use tending to.  I have a pretty strict schedule to adhere to now during the week, and I'm hoping that it will help me relax and feel like I'm accomplishing what I need to be.  The weekends can be for those extra things that I just couldn't get to.  I'm excited to share my homeschooling and home planning schedules with you as soon as I find that pesky cable.   I'm even more excited to get started using them though..so off I go!  Hoping for the best!!

Oh, and here are a few of the promised snapshots from the weekend:

Imagine this sight..times 4.  That is what my entire upstairs looked like.



This is just one of the areas that was screaming for some lovin'.



The same spot, now freshly painted (still drying!)  Note that the room is still in need of some work.  *sigh*