Wednesday, September 8, 2010

How To Make A Killer Dippy Egg Sandwich

Yea!  I found my camera cable after cleaning the first half of my room yesterday :)  I've decided to celebrate by sharing a little photo tutorial on how to make this easy, healthy breakfast sandwich!  I was excited recently to learn of such a neat little trick!  Start by preheating your skillet between medium and medium high, and have two buttered pieces of bread handy.

Using a small lid (we used a plastic cap from our glass milk jars, but a lipton iced tea cap or it's equivalent would do) cut a round hole out of the center of a piece of bread- preferably whole grain!


Break an egg into the center space.

Some of the egg will likely spill out onto the surrounding bread.  This is a good thing :) Place another slice of bread on top, buttered side facing up.  Note- the second piece of bread does not need to have a hole cut.

Cook for a minute on each side, and voila!  The dippy spreads throughout the sandwich as you eat it, and remains self-contained.  It's the best!  Now if I could just come up with a clever use for that remaining piece of bread....any suggestions?!