Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pondering Grace


Ever since I became aware that God loved me, despite my horrible sinful nature, I just blindly supposed being thankful for it was enough.  So the days and years have gone by, and occasionally with them has come the rearing head of my dark and ugly past, despite my best attempts to tackle it once and for all.  

Each time someone's actions have left me frustrated, confused, hurt, ticked off, and sometimes reaching for my sanity, I have missed opportunities to offer the grace that God has so freely offered to me: an ex drug- addicted, God-mocking harlot.  Yes, God still loved me and cared for me through my darkest times, though I couldn't have deserved it less.  Despite the fact that I was breaking his heart.  And he has called me to do the same for others.  

..Freely ye have received, freely give.  Matthew 10:8 KJV

I know that the more "on my face" time I get with the Big Dad himself, the better equipped I am to serve Him.  I've definitely been lacking in this area and realize how seriously I need to make it a priority again.  The other day the Lord led me to these verses which really helped to enlighten me- though I have yet to truly take them to heart and make them my own.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My 
grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


2 Corinthians 9:8

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:    

I've also been listening to some lyrics of a few favorite songs which inspire the truth about God's grace:

"Waves of mercy, waves of grace, everywhere I look, I see Your face!  You're love has captured me; Oh my God this love, how can it be?" (Every Move I Make- David Ruis)


"We are his portion and we are his prize, drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes- If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.." (John Mark McMillan- How He Loves)


I so want to be in God's will.  To quote a dear friend, "To see one another the way Christ sees us."  He really does love us.  Even when we are absolutely despicable creatures.  And the more I think about it, the more I realize just how often that really is..even still.  Thank God for the grace he sees for each one of us.  Now, I guess it's our turn.  God...help us!!


What helps you see others the way Christ sees them during difficult times?