Thursday, September 2, 2010

Battle Of The To-Do List

To Do List

Since I will begin my homeschooling schedule in full swing next week, I decided that there were a few things I needed to get done and out of the way first.  Ok, so actually a lot of things.   This will be the first year that I have had a working schedule to go by.  Can you believe it?  If you know me, you are probably not surprised.  I've never been one to enjoy routine and schedule, until now.  (I'm currently working on a post discussing this a bit more.)  I will say though, that I'm excited about the extra time I was able to squeeze into my days through scheduling,..time that I didn't realize was available till I looked for it.  The scary thing is feeling like I have to have everything in order before I begin, so things don't get out of control.  So here's where I will share a live view of what I will be working on these next few days.  Pictures to follow!  Today was day 2 of my mission, so you'll hopefully notice that some of the things will get crossed off rather quickly.  I'm hoping that by making myself accountable to all you lovely readers, that I'll kick it into gear and get done quick!!  Your words of encouragement are welcome!!

The List

*Inventory the girls clothing, including finding what fits who, who may still need what, sorting through their "next size up" bins, and getting their fall and winter stuff out.

*Clothing sorting (same as above) for Jude

*Clothing sorting (again, same as above) for Breaden

*Finish all the laundry which I've gotten recklessly behind on 

*Spackle and paint the areas of the nursery and Breaden's room where the littles have wrecked havoc.  

*Shampoo livingroom, stairs, including landing areas at top and bottom, and bedroom (decided against shampooing the bedroom for now!).

*Sweep and mop all floors, but one. Sweep and mop pantry floor.  

*Shampoo mystery stain in van

*Finish photocopying consumable pages of Breaden's curriculum, which I plan to save till the littles can use it!

*Finalize our weekly course of study and print out

*Make a giant, posterboard size, color coded family schedule.  

Take a nice, relaxing bath.

My goal is to get all of this done by Sunday!  Any suggestions on how to make things quicker and/ or easier?  

Oh, and YES, I DO HAVE HELP WITH THE KIDS!  THANK GOODNESS FOR A FEW GOOD AUNTS, not to mention a fabulous thirteen year old named Katelinn!!