Saturday, June 26, 2010

Donut Man: A Great Children's Resource


 I'd like to start this review by saying that we L-O-V-E The Donut Man around here.  He's a fabulous kids worship leader and songwriter, and will never try to sell you a single one of those deliciously unhealthy treats.  (If you'd like to make your own healthier, whole wheat donuts though, be my guest!)

Do you want your children to be excited to wake up in the morning and praise God?!  Would you like them to learn more about Jesus, the bible, and living a holy life, all while having your home filled with the sounds of some of the best children's worship songs EVER?!  If so, look no further..


The Donut Man is to the rescue!  


Through his various cd's, DVD's, and live concerts, and with the help of "The Donut Repair Club", he sets out to show us how we can fill our "God-shaped empty place" with the love of God, and uses a donut and a donut hole as an edible illustration.  Donut Man's theme song sums up his message like this: "Life without Jesus, is like a donut....cause there's a hole in the middle of your heart." 

His DVD's feature unique bible-based storylines, fun locations (such as the farm, ball field, zoo, etc.), and lots of engaging, interactive worship music the whole family can enjoy.  Plus, each one offers a closer look into a particular aspect of God's character.  Seriously, I can NOT say enough good things about these videos, and am I ever glad I took a chance on a few vhs copies I found last year at a second hand store.  (Turns out he's been around since I was a little girl.  Donut Man..where have you been all my life?!)


Now that I have a family of my own, we like to start our days with some praise and worship time, and these videos are always at the top of our kids request list.  They have truly helped instill a passion for worship in our children, and I can't think of anything that is more important to encourage!  The first time my 2 year old Ava sang "Oh, da bud ah Jeeesus.", (Oh, the blood of Jesus), my heart melted.  My 3 1/2 year old loves to do the motions, and has learned almost every song, bible story, and scripture reference by heart.


These videos are timeless classics, and I would (and do) gladly spread the word of them to any parent who will listen :).  However, this time The Donut Man himself has generously offered to supply two "lucky" winners with a copy of The Donut Man's Favorite Active Time/ Quiet Time Songs DVD!  This is two, full length features on one disc, compiling some of the very best music from many of his other DVD's.  This is music that you will be glad to have lingering in your head throughout the day, and happy to have your kids ask for time and time again.  Sounds good, yes?!

Here's how you can enter to win:
(To be fair, I will only count one set of entries per household.)


MANDATORY ENTRY: 
Go check out the new donutman.com website, then come back and leave a comment at the end of this post.


****To gain additional entries, you may also choose 1 (or more) of the optional entries below.  Just be sure to leave a separate comment for each one you do!


Optional Entry #1:
"Like" Donut Man and/or Dance And Be Glad on facebook.  Leave your username in your comment to me for verification.  Like us both and leave separate comments for two entries!  


Optional Entry #2:
Follow me on twitter @danceandbeglad.  Again, leave your username in your comment. 


Optional Entry #3:
Subscribe to my blog by email or rss feed (see top left).  


Optional Entry #4:
Tweet, blog, or facebook about this giveaway.  Each thing you do counts as a separate entry!  Leave me the link in your comment.  


Optional Entry #5:
Follow me via google friend connect. 


That's it!  For anyone who needs a little more clarification on how to enter using any of the optional entries, this post breaks it down step by step.  Thanks so much, and can't wait to announce a winner!  Winners will be notified by email, and have 24 hours to respond with their snail-mail address.  Contest ends  July 9th at 8pm est and I will post the winners on Sat. July 10th.  Update: Contest ends Wed., July 14th at 8 pm est and I will post the winners on Thurs., July 15th.  Best wishes!!


Disclaimer:  I recommend Donut Man products because I personally use them in my own home and love them.  I would never give a favorable review of something strictly for the sake of gain (monetary or otherwise). I truly find these products to be a valuable resource and am happy to have the opportunity to share them with you.   


*******This giveaway is now closed.*******  


Tori Theriot and Leah Hess will both be receiving a copy of the Donut Man Active Times, Quiet Times DVD! Thanks so much to everyone who participated in the giveaway, and I hope that many of you will still buy/rent/ or borrow a Donut Man DVD for your children to enjoy.  You won't be dissappointed!