Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring cleaning my soul


As the fresh winds of spring make their way through my window, (along with a tad too many ladybugs) I am reminded of the new life we are promised as followers of Christ. This passage from Romans is both straightforward and beautifully complex at the same time:

Romans 6: 8-14 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

As of Thursday I will be taking a much needed retreat (leaving technology behind) where I will finally have the time to read, pray at length, and meditate on this and other scripture as God leads. I am a bit apprehensive about leaving the kids for a few days but I really can't wait to have some uninterrupted time to be renewed and refreshed. This "body" could definitely use a little fine tuning if it's to be an instrument of righteousness!! I appreciate all of you who have joined with me in prayer and shared words of encouragement along my journey so far. Feel free to leave me comments and become a "follower" of my blog so I can see your shining faces and stay in touch with any and all of you. I know I promised to share more about my natural "treatment" as of late, and how I've been getting my life together in general,..and I promise I will do that as soon as I can upon returning from my trip. Look for a post by early next week. Love to all!