Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Get Rid Of Your Coffee Table And Get Down!


Preface: I am not trying to be bossy with the title of this post...just presenting a challenge that I believe is worthy of consideration!

Dancing is a beautiful, God-honoring way to worship the Lord...and the best place to get started is right in the comfort of your own home.  However, it can be hard to find the room to move about freely with a big (though perhaps beautiful) piece of furniture sitting smack dab in the middle of the open space in your main living area!  

Think about it...do you really need that thing sitting there idly, waiting to hold a beverage or a few remotes or maybe even just to display a pretty seasonal arrangement?  I personally have found freedom from the need for a coffee table in my home, and the kids as well as myself have all benefitted from all the extra space it has allowed us!  Not so sure you're up for that kind of commitment?  Here are a few ideas you could try:

*Simply slide the coffee table straight up against the couch for a bit to free up some space, then turn on some of your favorite worship music and twirl around with ease!

*Try an end table instead

*Um..I thought I had another one...anyone?!

It is my plan to present a weekly challenge to all of you that will hopefully inspire and encourage you toward worshipping our God through dance.  Some will be more light-hearted (perhaps like this one), others more serious.  I'd love to know what you think!