Sunday, June 20, 2010

Biting Off More Than I Can Chew


If only I looked this graceful when I take a big old chomp into my next big thing, prepared or not, simply because I feel it's what I'm supposed to do.  The truth is, I all too often jump in to something full force and simply hope for the best.  Not that hope isn't a great quality to possess..but,.. without the work that goes along with it, it doesn't get you very far.  Enter my present predicament:  

I am blessed to know the Lord's will for me regarding many different aspects of my life.  He's called me to steward 4 beautiful children, to teach and train them up according to his ways.  He's given me wisdom concerning natural health, nutrition, and preparing healthy meals for my family.  He's called me to be a Help Meet, a homemaker, and a friend to those in need.  From this end, I have stepped out and gotten myself involved in all sorts of endeavors.  While I believed to be making these steps "in faith", I can now see that many things I've gotten involved in have taken me farther from the Lord, and from the path he called me to follow.    

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 

Lately the Lord has been showing me that just because I know certain things should be done does not mean that they need to be done right now!  The things that we are absolutely certain need to be happening now, and yet they still are a struggle for us,..well we need to take them to the Lord and have him show us a better way.  I am currently going throw this myself right now, as things have been stacked up so high around here lately that they are starting to crash and make quite the mess to clean up.  From now on I will wait on the Lord for direction, and fight the urge to bite off more than I can chew.  Once I clean up this mess I've made :)