Thursday, May 27, 2010

How Will You Bear His Name?



Did you know that if you have accepted Christ in your life, that you are introducing Jesus to everyone you meet? Think about how our actions can affect change in the lives and even the eternal destinies of these people we come in contact with every day.  In our conversations, are we telling the truth about who Jesus is, or are people left searching?  I'm not even talking about gospel chats, witnessing, or anything else you may like to call it.  I'm simply saying we should be doing more good ol' fashion Holy Ghost Representin'.  Geared up in the armor of God and nourished with the fruit of the spirit.  You feel me?!  


When unsaved people hear that we are christians, you know they watch us a bit more closely.  The newness of life we have in Christ may just be the living water which will flow to that parched spot in their heart, if we are willing to let it show!  Don't let the enemy steal that life away when things get tough.  Get tougher!  God is stronger than that nasty old devil, and he freely gives us the strength to defeat him.  Even if we've already goofed up, He is there to help make things right again.  (And I know this is true!...)





O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For your sake, O my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name.
Daniel 9:19

I want to bear His name everywhere I go, and in any way I can.  Authentically.  With a smile, a friendly gesture, or even a prayer.  There is no better way, and not one thing to lose.  *Shout out to my fellow "fisherman" out there*...are you in?!