Thursday, July 8, 2010

Better Bedtimes For Little Ones





Today I'm writing at the wonderful blog Keeper Of The Home, sharing some of my own personal strategies and suggestions which can encourage Better Bedtimes For Little Ones.  I hope you'll check it out!

If you're visiting me for the first time,..Welcome!  I'd love to hear from you and get to know you a bit better.  While you're here, please take a minute to learn a bit more about me.  You may enjoy my Move For Him Monday weekly dance feature, or reading some of my most popular posts, including Surviving Marital Storms Made Simpler,  Finding Joy In The Little Things, or A Natural, Versatile Hair And Scalp Care Solution.  Thanks so much for stopping by and I do hope you'll come again soon.  If you like what you see here, consider following me on facebook or twitter, or subscribing to my blog so you can stay up-to-date!

For those of you who haven't already read it, here's an excerpt from Better Bedtimes For Little Ones:

There are few things in life more precious than a sleeping baby. One of my favorite things to do during my children’s infancy was to lay them on my chest and allow my beating heart and warm embrace to soothe them into a peaceful slumber. Oh, how often I would wish that for just one moment, time could stand still.

Yet, surely enough, to quote the old adage, “time marches on” and our babies continue to blossom and grow and turn into their own beautiful little people with strong, individual identities. This often happens more quickly than we are ready to accept or admit! The past few years have flown by so quickly and have transformed into memories before my very eyes, and still, I long to share those quiet moments of joy with my children.

I have found one of my most fulfilling duties as a mother to be when I lovingly tuck a babe (or 4) snugly into their beds after an eventful day. This has also become one of my most challenging duties to tackle! It seems as if the kids aren’t always “feeling” the need to unwind quite like I am, and somehow they no longer find sleep as desirable or as easy to attain. Who would have thought?!
As I’ve come to realize how important a good night’s sleep is for my sanity my children, I have set out to find ways to help make their transition to bedtime as easy as possible.

Here are some of the things that work for our clan:   Click here to read the rest!