Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Let's Build Our House Part 1-Motivation


This morning as I was reading through Proverbs the Lord began speaking to me about my own idleness (ouch!), starting with this verse:


"A wise woman builds her house, but a foolish one tears it down with her hands" Proverbs 14:1

Now I know this verse relates to spiritual matters as well as domestic ones, but what He showed me today was that often times I end up moving in the same old circles throughout the day, without many of the "extra" things needing done around our home never getting touched.  Yes, I am a mom with 4 little ones (3 ages 3 and under even), but oh how often this or any number of other things can become an excuse, even if only in my own heart, as to what God would like for me (and would supply the time/ ability to do) if I would just submit to the call.  You know what I'm talking about!  The things that we'd like so much to see done, that pass through our mind in a fleeting moment of inspiration, then get placed on that "one of these days" list, only to be thought of again in a few days or weeks, and so it begins again.

Yes, occasionally we all will have a day where the sun has risen and set and we barely managed to catch a glimpse.  This ought to be the exception though, and not the norm!  If our children are a blessing, which any mother would agree with and the bible clearly states, then shouldn't we still be able to maintain our other responsibilites and "build up our house" without feeling burdened or stipled by our responsibility to care for them?  I admit to my own shortcomings in this area and vow before God today to make a change!

The joy of the lord is your strength.  Nehemiah 8:10 

Starting right now, I will not cower under the cloak of idleness while others are sowing seed.  I will include my children in my activities as best I can, because even if baking that loaf of bread or weeding the yard takes twice as long with their "help", at least I got it done and they got to have that experience!  I choose today to demonstrate the strength of the Lord to them through my able-bodiedness and to claim the joy that will come from a hard days work and a job well done!  Anyone care to join me in this mission?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  Phillipians 4:13


Let's Build Our House Part 2- Where Hospitality Starts