Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What Do You WANT?


What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of this question.  Obedient kids?  Lasting peace?  A new car?!  Recently I had the opportunity to be asked this question by a dear brother in Christ who just happened to be ministering to me for my healing.  I will admit, the first thing that ran through my mind was, "I want to be healed."  A moment later though, as my mind and my heart met, I knew that the "right" answer to this question was simply, "Jesus". 

One thing I ask of the LORD,this is what I seek:that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. Psalm 27:4
 As I tried to think about what "wanting Jesus" should look like in my life, I began to recall things that have always brought me joy, satisfaction, and allowed me to grow as a person.  For me, these were things like dancing, writing, and spending time with my family and loved ones.  

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.  Psalm 37: 4,5

To be honest though, I hadn't really thought about how any of this had much to do with getting a clean bill of health.  As we continued to meditate on the word and wait on his presence, God gave me a beautiful vision that eclipsed my human understanding and delivered a mission into my heart.  He even provided confirmation to let me know I wasn't just a silly little daydreamer.  (At least, not just then..)  My mission?  To "be" Jesus to the lost, and rescue them from the fire.  Then we will run, dance, laugh, and be free like little children.  

I realized that living life passionately (and with a purpose) is how God created us to function.  It is He who placed those passions within us, so that we can serve him in joy and find balance in all other things.  

A sound heart is life to the flesh.. Proverbs 14:30

I believe that discovering and fulfilling the passions that God has placed in our hearts can create in us a deeper desire for intimacy with him, and a renewed enthusiasm and trust in his word.  

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.  But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.  He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.  Whatever he does prospers.  Psalm 1:1-3

This is just one of the many promises for health that the bible proclaims for those who seek after the Lord with all their heart.  Surely a God that gives us such amazing talents and dreams, who loves us all the way to heaven and back, and who forgives our sins "as far as the east is from the west" will be faithful when it comes to fulfilling his word.  Now take that and run with it!    


This post is part of the Home Remedies Carnival at Keeper Of The Home